Anton Agat

by Artem Subbotin

Stunning Anton Agat is a young Russian sportsman and fitness model from Saint Petersburg.






The 25 year old athlete and former bodybuilder is very down to earth and is an extremely self disciplined man.
Anton has been very active from an early age and has practised many sports over the years.
 






He worked very hard to achieve success in bodybuilding and is now totally dedicated to his training and healthy living, to reach the ultimate physique and the goals he has set himself.






Anton is fairly new to fitness modelling and his love for self developing and learning is served well by this newly found passion, as it allows him to travel the world.





We are loving the photos from his recent shoot with the amazing Artem Subbotin, whose gorgeous work has been featured at Stunning Men several, and we hope to be able to share more with you in the near future.








Check Anton on facebook

All photographic copyrights to Artem Subbotin

Thanks once again to Andrei Korniv, Anton's agent, for his help!

Here's Anton's interview




Anton, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview.
Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You live in Saint Petersburg, Russia ...

Yes, at the moment I live in St. Petersburg, since 2011. I was born in Tomsk, in Siberia.


How did you get into modelling?
My modelling career started when I was living in Tomsk. It happened quite by accident. In a nightclub I met a photographer who invited me to work with him. I didn’t see him for a long time, but one evening, I was walking to work and saw him on the road. I  approached him and said hello. It turned out that he had spoken to a woman photographer, with whom he collaborated. Their plans were to shoot for male beauty and clothes. They invited me to participate in their project and it was my first shoot!


What do you enjoy the most about it?
I like to meet new, interesting and creative people. I like to learn new things, to develop. This work involves travel and trips from the Russian Federation, and I love to travel.


How do you prepare before a photoshoot?
Before the photo shoot, I go to a tanning shop, I make sure my skin is moisturised and I nourish my skin with special products.


You have a great physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you practise any sport?
Let's start with the fact that I have practised sports since the 1st grade. I am a professional Greco-Roman wrestler. I do a lot of swimming, go to the gym (fitness and powerlifting), I practise martial arts (boxing and kickboxing). Now I am keen on snowboarding. I have worked as a trainer in the field of fitness for 6 years now.


What are your top three favourite gym exercises and why?
Squats, bench press and deadlift. These are the three basic exercises that involve many muscle groups. They are especially important for beginners, as they give a strong foundation in the construction of the body.


What's the best form of cardio for you?
I will be brief ... Running – it’s the king of sports!


How do you keep motivated?
Sometimes I look through my old pictures from bodybuilding competition in the category of fitness, where I was much bigger. I strive to achieve similar results without the use of pharmaceuticals.


How do you fit training and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?
Fitness plays an important role in my life, because I did it from an early age. I graduated in sports speciality, I defended a thesis on the subject of fitness, and I am still interested in this activity. It so happens that sport is always around me. I prefer to stay active always.


You are a good looking guy - what do you think is your best asset?
It is not for me to say really ... Many people say that I am kind and helpful. In sports, I have a few achievements; I have participated in many competitions, got good results and won prizes.


And if you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?
I would like my body weight to be around 80-83 kg.


How do you approach a challenge?
In complex situations, I try not to get lost and to achieve the desired result. When you do not know what to do, you should seek the advice of loved ones and friends.


What do you do in your down time?
The last few months I've been snowboarding (hard board for downhill). I also meet with friends; we go to a cafe and to the cinema.


Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
I have no idols, I try to be myself.


Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?
In my opinion it is obvious! (Anton laughs)


What do you think is the secret to a good relationship?
Trust and understanding.


Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
It depends on the situation.


What do you listen to on your iPod?
I have no specific musical preferences, I listen to diverse music.


Your favourite song / piece of music to play while training / running?
Cheerful music, energising. Like in advertising “Burn - to take off!” (Anton smiles)


What kind of movies do you like?
Horror, comedy, action and fantasy.


What can't you live without?
I can’t live without true friends, sports or Russian pancakes! (Anton gives us a huge smile)


You wouldn't know, but I'm very good at ...
... bodyweight squats! At school I loved wood cutting. Now at home I have a table and chairs as well as pots I made with my own hands.


I'm just not very good at ...
 ... algebraic computing logarithms!


One last question Anton, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
My dream is to have a fitness club.


Anton, it has been a great pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future.



Comments