Matthew Paps




It is with immense pleasure and excitement that we are
featuring über sexy and simply gorgeous Matthew Paps at Stunning Men with incredible shots - some unpublished - by photographer extraordinaire Jorge Freire.






 This sensational young fitness model from Long Island, has many strings to his bow and is definitely not just a pretty face! He is also a personal trainer and actor.






Matt is a very determined young man, who is totally open to what life and the world has to offer. He dares to dream big and always keeps positive and motivated. Life is a thrill to him and he wants to taste and savour every moment!






Regarding his awesome physique, what's not to like? Matt is a natural athlete, who developed a passion for fitness at a very young age. He takes his health and training seriously but who also has a huge amount of fun and doesn't take himself too seriously.








 One thing we love about Matt- besides the fact that he simply oozes sex appeal - is his cheekiness! He never is arrogant, but we also love it when he gives a bit of attitude! Just look at Jorge's photos! Make sure you read his exciting interview at the end of this post!


tear sheets from UK Vanity Hype magazine








A huge thank you to Matt for accepting to be featured and for doing the interview with us and to Jorge Freire for his photography

You can follow Paps on Twitter and Instagram

All photographic copyrights to Jorge Freire

Make sure to visit Jorge's website Photo Studio Miami to check his incredible body of work and for bookings!



Paps' vital statistics:

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 172lbs
Waist: 30"
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: brown



Here's Paps' interview in full

Matthew, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview. You are from Bay Shore, New York ...
Yes, I am from Bay Shore - born and raised in Long Island.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I went to Ithaca College, where I received my Masters in Occupational Therapy. I received my ACSM Personal Training certification in 2012. I am a goofball, a nutty traveller of life — there is nothing like being a dork and enjoying every moment of life. There is so much flavour in the world and I am so blessed to be able to enjoy it!

Can I call you Paps?

Certainly — in fact, I can’t recall the last time a friend called me Matthew.

First thing first ... how did you get into modelling?

Well, God has a funny way of bringing people into your life. At the end of my academic career, Jorge Freire contacted me on Facebook, asking if I had ever modelled before and if I would be interested in shooting with him in Miami. That was one of the highest points of my year, I remember looking at the message over and over again, fidgeting with excitement. When I was made that offer, two friends of mine happened to be in Miami for the summer — it was perfect timing. Jorge and I spent almost five hours shooting and it wasn’t even three weeks after that I picked up the phone and heard “You’re going to be on the cover of a magazine!” It was the most organic mix of feelings - excitement, nervousness, and gratitude - I had ever felt.

What do you think is the most fulfilling thing about modelling?

The day Jorge released an album of our pictures on social media, I had some of the most beautiful exchanges with people from across the country. Messages saying that my pictures have inspired people or that I had reminded them to achieve their own dreams, simply because they saw a picture of me: that is the most fulfilling thing about modelling. Modelling has given me a platform to connect with people and share in our abilities to inspire hope and hold on to all we have. I love my goofballs — they remind me every day to go out and conquer my dreams!

How comfortable are you in showing off your physique in a shoot?

I’m super comfortable ripping off my shirt, throwing on a bathing suit, and staring down the camera. And, if I get nervous, I just think of pizza and I’m set.

You are looking absolutely amazing. How on earth did you get into such shape?

Thank you, very flattering to hear that and be featured on your site to begin with! Of course, when I had scheduled the shoot with Jorge, the first thing I did was I ran to my fridge and stuffed my face with chocolate cake (I knew I wouldn’t see it again for at least 6 weeks). My daily routine consisted of cardio, twice daily, cross-fit, and a strict regimen of cycling my carbohydrates.

When did your passion for fitness start?

My passion was ignited when I first signed with a manager at 14. She had said to me that I would have a limited range of roles to play and that I should always be prepared to play the comedic/dorky roles during an audition. I was always chubby growing up and I was beginning to grow into a fuller frame. However, I am not a person who likes to hear that they are limited. The next week, my best friend agreed to work out every day after school with me in our open gym hours. To this day, she’s still my soul-mate.

What keeps you determined and driven to work out?

When I first began to work out, I could never bring myself to stop because I had been so excited about the minimal changes. The minimal changes eventually added up to be significant changes. And every day I tell myself, “I can’t stop here!”.

What is your diet like?

As I am preparing for some incredibly exciting photo-shoots, I am cycling my carbohydrates once again. In short, this includes a mixture of low, medium, and high carbohydrate days that are integrated according to my conditioning routine.

If you had a cheat day, what would be your favourite food?

PIZZA! I don’t go a day without dreaming of it.

Can you share your fitness regimen with us?

Of course! To be honest, I like to throw different routines around all the time and continuously challenge my body. That said, some months I’ll implement cross-fit and other months I’ll implement an isolated conditioning routine. Currently, I’m a performing a conditioning regimen, in which I am training a body part a day, with chest, legs, and shoulders twice weekly.

And what’s the best form of cardio for you?

I hop on the treadmill, put it on an incline of 15 at a speed of 3.0, and go for 45 minutes. Once, first thing in the morning, before eating and again, after my lift.

Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?

If you like karaoke, wings, and being embarrassed in public, then yes, I’m a good date”

Your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running?

If you looked at my iTunes, you’d think I was an 18 year old girl who just broke up with her girlfriend and is about to apply to musical theatre school. I have a very broad taste in music; however, I absolutely love 80s remixes and house music when I am ready to crush a lift.

Do you have any other passions besides fitness?

I’m also an actor and currently shooting an independent film on Long Island — I’ve always had a love for the craft and still make sure that my artsy side is attended to. I went to school for Occupational Therapy at Ithaca College and it has truly been astounding finding a career that I am so wholeheartedly devoted to.

What can’t you live without?
God — He is my rock, my beginning, and my end.

Could you finish these two sentences for us? You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at …

… baking - to be honest, my ideal Friday night would include my family, best friends, a pack of Sam Adam’s cherry-wheat, and homemade banana bread. In middle-school, I spent almost every Saturday from morning to night, watching Food Network, baking something for my family.

Now ... I’m just not very good at …

… handy-work. I wish I could say I build things in my denim jeans and timberland boots but I don’t - I go to IKEA!

One last question Paps, what is your big dream?

One day I will open up a sensory-integration clinic that utilises theatrical arts in the rehabilitation of children with sensory, motor, cognitive, and psychiatric disabilities.

Wow, an amazing project! Paps, it has truly been a pleasure to interview you! Thank you so much for your time and for being such good sport. All the best for the future.

The pleasure has been all mine! Thank you for reaching out and God Bless!


Comments